Members of the class of 2019 gathered at the top of Van Hise Hall to celebrate the completion of their degrees.
In addition to the large ceremony at Camp Randall, Language Sciences hosts a small gathering each year for our graduates and their family and friends, where students receive their diploma cover from the Language Sciences director.
The incredible class this year included the following students, with interests from a diverse array of academic areas:
- Luke Besaw – BA, Linguistics
- Rebecca Biggs – BA, Environmental Studies & Linguistics
- Patrick Bonazza – BA, Communication Arts & Linguistics, with Digital Cinema Production Certificate
- Ivy Cyr – BA, Japanese & Linguistics, with Digital Studies Certificate
- Nora Goldfine – BA, Linguistics, with Italian Certificate
- Emmaleigh Grady – BS, Theatre and Drama Education & Linguistics
- Melissa Hill – BA, Asian Studies & Linguistics, with TESOL Certificate
- Devin Johnson – BS, Computer Sciences & Linguistics
- Anushri Kartik-Narayan – BS, Neurobiology & Linguistics, with Biocore Curriculum Honors Certificate
- Emily Koshollek – BS, Spanish & Linguistics
- Lucy Mauer – BS, Spanish, Latin American Caribbean and Iberian Studies & Linguistics
- Tyler Ruzicka – BA, Chinese & Linguistics
- Dan Schnobrich – BS, Linguistics, with German Certificate
- Liqi Sheng – BFA, Art Education & Linguistics
- Madeline Sternman – BA, English & Linguistics, with TESOL Certificate
- Udon Thao – BA, Linguistics, with French & TESOL Certificates
- Jeremy Biedny – MA, Linguistics
Congratulations everyone – we can’t wait to see where you will go from here!
(See additional photos on our Facebook page!)